St Hughs School, Oxfordshire
Refurbishment of the existing school hall used for everything from assemblies to theatre productions, choir rehearsals, teaching, and a venue for exams as well as parents evenings. This “Swiss Army Knife” specification as it became known had to be easily operated by the teachers and therefore required a high degree of automation which included pre-programmed lighting levels, electrical operated retractable seating, lighting bars and generally simply plug in and play operations.
The project involved:
- Demolition of the existing solid stage and installation of a new floor
- A total rewire
- Installation of ventilation and extraction including heating and free air cooling
- Replacement retractable seating
- New theatre lighting, sound system, and hearing aid integration
- New demountable stage
- Replacement external doors and windows.