The commercial sector arches over a number of sector segments and ownership situations, from small owner occupied developments through to speculative office developments, retail parks, city centre headquarters and mixed use developments to name a few.
As sustainability and environmental issues become of ever increasing importance a significant number of commercial developments are taking place within the context of mixed-use developments, often on brown field sites which can be particularly challenging.
Access to developable land is a further complication which provides a challenge and which has fostered the growth in public private partnerships as land owners in the public sector seek to add value to their portfolio or estate.
In addition the Planning process is becoming ever more challenging and Rose have developed an expertise in working closely with Planning Consultants in order to manage this process as efficiently as possible.
At Rose, we have considerable experience in all aspects of the commercial sector working alongside clients such as Akkeron Group, Muse Developments, SJS Property Management, Cordwell and RBS on speculative developments and developments which have been promoted as partnerships between the public and private sector stakeholders.
Through our involvement as Project Managers and Employers Agents we understand the importance of all aspects of the development process and in particular can support our clients in:
Development Management through:
- Analysing the potential uses a site can be put to and optimising the mix of use.
- Providing high level cost advice.
- Assisting in negotiations with potential tenants.
- Identifying and liaising with all stakeholders
- Planning Management
- Understanding the development process and the complex needs of third parties, such as Planning Authorities, Environment Agency etc.
- Establishing a team and achieving value in design development though structured Value Engineering processes
- Selecting the most appropriate procurement option
- Understanding the contractor market and those in the supply chain who are competent to deliver the project at the best price
- Understanding how we can safely accelerate a project to construction and completion in order to secure tenant commitment
- Having the experience to react positively to changing circumstance
- Focusing on risk and its’ elimination or mitigation
Whether a project involves new build, refurbishment or fit-out, our Project Managers provide a range of services to cover every aspect, including project, risk and value management, project monitoring, cost management, building surveying and specialist tax advice.